This will be a wonderful painting adventure! Foothills Art Center – Bellagio Italy 2019
We are going back!! The trip to Italy again features painting instruction with one of our favorite teachers, Janet Nunn, seven nights on Lake Como in the beautiful town of Bellagio. Over the course of the week we will explore the town and gardens of Bellagio, travel by ferry to the small town of Varenna to paint along the waterfront in the gardens of Villa Monastero, built in the 13th century by Cistercian monks. A full breakfast buffet is included each morning and we will enjoy Italian wine dinners the first and last night while in Bellagio. Ciao!!
Thursday, May 2nd through Thursday, May 9th, 2019
Double Occupancy $1980 per person (without painting instruction deduct $250)
Single Occupancy $2435 per person (without painting instruction deduct $250)
· Group transportation from the Malpensa (MXP) airport/train station in Milan
· Services of Raffaele Nobile owner of Tuscany in the Frame as our Tour Guide while in Bellagio https://tuscanyintheframe.com/
· Five days of painting instruction with Janet Nunn http://www.janetnunnwatercolors.com/
· Seven nights at the lakefront Hotel Metropole Bellagio, including tourist taxhttp://www.albergometropole.it/
· Seven breakfasts, two dinners and one lunch with wine
· Lake Como ferry tickets and entrance fees to gardens and other attractions
· Group transportation to the Malpensa (MXP) airport/train station in Milan
· Hydrus Watercolor Paints generously provided and shipped by
Space on the trip to Italy is very limited and will sell out fast! A $1,000 deposit (per person) for double occupancy and $1,300 (per person) for single occupancy will be due at the time of the reservation with the remaining balance due by January 31, 2019. The deposit is non-refundable after December 31, 2018.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE TRIP
We strongly advise that you take out adequate travel insurance. Please note that Foothills Art Center cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to your luggage or personal property, nor for any other loss, damage, inconvenience, delay, illness, fatal or other injury, suffered by you as a result of making a reservation, or during your trip. This is a good website to compare travel insurance policies https://www.squaremouth.com/travel-insurance-quotes.
Thursday, May 2
Group transportation from the Malpensa (MXP) airport/train station in Milan (times will vary depending on the schedules of our travelers)
Arrive Bellagio (about an hour and a half trip from airport) – check into Hotel & explore the lakefront and town
7:00pm Dinner with wine at a local Bellagio Restaurant (included in trip price)
Friday, May 3
Breakfast at the Hotel
Lunch and dinner on your own
· We will have an easy start to the week with painting along the lakeside of Bellagio and from the Gardens of Villa Melzi, including view of the town from the promenade.
Saturday, May 4 through Tuesday, May 7
Breakfast at the Hotel
Lunch and dinner on your own (except one day lunch with wine included).
Daily Activities include traveling to various painting locations just outside of Bellagio and around the lake for instruction and site seeing. The actual day for each activity will vary depending on weather, etc.
· Travel by ferry to Varenna Harbour & Villa Monastero : 2 Separate locations in Varenna. We’ll take a short ferry trip to Varenna, painting around the harbour in the morning. In the afternoon we will visit the gardens of Villa Monastero, built in the 13th century by Cistercian monks. Breathtaking views of the gardens with an endless variety of plants stretching along the lakeshores will truly inspire you.
· We will also walk or drive (less than a mile walk along the lake) to visit Pescallo: A small fishing village with a quiet, picturesque harbour. This is an opportunity to capture beautiful reflections of fishing boats with an imposing mountainous background.
· One of our painting excursions will include a short trip just up the hill from Bellagio where we will have use of the patio of Hotel Il Perlo Panorama http://www.ilperlo.com/ with views of the 3 arms of the lake & the hillside where Bellagio is nestled along the lakeshore. A group lunch with wine will be included.
· We will throw in a free day for you to discover the fascinating back streets, cafes and shops of Bellagio or take the ferry to explore other towns across the lake. We will also arrange a cooking class at one of the top restaurants in Bellagio, a wine tour, and other excursions if there is interest (there will be an additional charge for these classes/tours).
Wednesday, May 8
Breakfast at hotel
We will spend our last day painting on the hotel rooftop and share our week of work in the later afternoon with a rooftop party of appetizers and wine.
7:00pm Dinner with wine at a local Bellagio Restaurant
Thursday, May 9
Breakfast at hotel
7:00am – depart hotel to travel to Milan Airport/Train Station – please do not book flights before 11:00am to ensure enough time to check in etc.
Trip Extension to Tuscany with Raffaele Nobile, Tuscany in the Frame. Enjoy an additional week (7 nights) in Tuscany at Villa Nobile. Please explore this link for more information and to book your extension directly with Tuscany in the Frame https://tuscanyintheframe.com/2019-workshops.
Sherry McEachranBusiness Manager
Foothills Art Center
809 15th Street
Golden, CO 80401
Please note: Nothing in this message should be interpreted as a digital or electronic signature that can be used to form, execute, document, agree to, enter into, accept or authenticate a contract or other legal document. This electronic mail transmission and any attached documents may contain confidential or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete or destroy the message without copying or disclosing it.